STOP PRESS Dates announced for our Kitchen Club sessions. These sociable gatherings run once a month in our Harpenden Kitchen. Over a glass of wine watch, learn and then have a go. These evenings are a fun way of getting together with others interested in learning a bit more about cooking in an informal way - no prior expertise needed or expected! They run from 7.30 - 9.30 and take place in our kitchen in West Common, Harpenden. Click here for more details
We can work with you to develop your cookery repertoire. We can either tailor make a course for you and we can come to your house or you can come to one of our regular workshops which we hold in our spacious kitchen in Harpenden. Whether you are a novice or a more experienced cook we can help. We have a range of workshops which cover all kinds of topics. Come along with a group of friends or on your own. Workshops last between 2 to 5 hours depending on topic and you will get hands on practical experience making a range of dishes. On most courses the food you make will be taken home or we may give you the option of sitting down together and eating the dishes you have made over a glass of wine - ideal if you are with a group of friends. Click here to see our upcoming courses, prices and how to book. If you would like to arrange a tailor made course get in touch here to discuss your requirements. We can also run courses for children and young people; whether they wish to brush up on their practical skills for their Food Preparation and Nutrition GCSE, are university students cooking for themselves for the first time or maybe young people who wish to improve their cooking skills as part of their Duke of Edinburgh award. We run occasional courses for all these groups - click here to see what we have coming up or if you would like a specially designed workshop for your school, beavers, cubs, scouts, brownies or guides group or other community organisation get in touch to discuss your requirements.
COURSES ON OFFER
Learn to make authentic Sour Dough Bread
By using just flour and water we teach you how to create a wild yeast rye starter and then guide you to make a variety of different sour dough breads using age old artisan skills
● Price includes a take home bag that includes at least 4 different breads made by you, a rye starter, recipe booklet so you are set up to make everything again at home
Learn Artisanal Breadmaking Skills in one day
On this informative and creative course, you will learn how to handmake a range of traditional breads using flour, water, yeast and other delicious ingredients.
Breads made could include white bloomers, French baguettes, grainy wholemeal tin loaves, olive oil pizza dough, fougasse , sweetened doughs such as Chelsea buns. You will make and take home at least 5 different breads.
Make Your Own Cheese
General Information for all 1 day Courses
● £75 to include all ingredients, take home bag, light lunch, refreshments and a recipe booklet. Courses are held in our domestic cookery school kitchen in Harpenden and run from 10.00am - 2.30pm
● Small group size to ensure individual attention
● We are members of the Real Bread Campaign and come highly recommended. Our qualified tutors have many years' experience teaching cookery at all levels
● If the advertised dates don’t work for you why not get a group of 4 friends together and we will organise a course on a date that suits
● Gift vouchers available for a desirable birthday, Christmas or anniversary present
Contact us to book or for further details